Friday, June 25, 2004

Since I have been suffering from some particularly nasty flu-like/allergy-like [?] symptoms for the last six weeks, I finally gave in and went to see a doctor. My doctor is a short Asian man, probably around 35 years old. He's a pleasant enough fellow, in spite of the fact that that he once gave me a rectal exam. He has an odd quirk - whenever I am speaking to him, he constantly nods his head up and down, intoning "Uh huh...uh huh...", as if he feels I need some kind of constant affirmation of his attention. However, unlike some other doctors I have dealt with, this gentleman actually tells me about things when something has gone wrong in my body. He went into an impromptu biology lesson yesterday, extolling the virtues of my sinuses, all the while gesturing to a detailed chart, similar to the image below. Turns out the cause of my prolonged torment is a stouthearted sinus infection.





SOME OTHER GUY'S SINUSES



I am now on a strict regiment of powerful, bacteria-destroying antibiotics. I hope these magic pills help, because i am in misery.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stan said...

My optomotrist and my dentist are both Asian, and incredibly helpful and good at their jobs. I understand that in Hong Kong and Taiwan it's not good enough to just get an education. You then have to compete in professionalism in order to land a job. Now I'm on the lookout for an Asian doctor.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home